Saturday, March 21, 2009

Journalism Classmates

So I got semi negative feed back from my classmates. I must admit, I was super mean to the last person who wrote in and i wrote him an apology which went as follows:

SWMMG,
I'm really sorry for giving you a hateful response.  I truly did not mean to.  Because I got carried away, I will be deleting your post and just leaving you with this: In your email you made it seem that you were freaked out about this because your cousin was deaf.  You were holding a bias against just another one of his characteristics.  I think that's what made me lash out the way I did.  I really think that you need to reevaluate yourself and congratulate him, instead of bringing him down.  Just because he is impaired doesn't mean you need to separate him from the rest.  That just means you're fitting into the mold us Americans have made for ourselves for being such a judgemental culture.  A culture that prides itself on looks and physical attribute that do not truely define a person. This is the advice I should have originally given you. Ha-sorry!  Good Luck! Thank you for writing in.
Warmly,
Este

TO WHICH HE THEN RESPONDED!

Este,
I think I needed the tough love.  I was wrong for judging him the way I did.  I did talk to him about it and he was perfectly fine with everything that was said.  Thnx. I don't mind if you keep it up. I found it funny and straight forward.

See, I'm really not this mean.  I own up to it, I was wrong!!!  Please don't stone me when I walk into class lol.


Este






2 comments:

Raymond said...

you should have just added the apology/"journalism classmates" post as an update or something and not replace the entire post.

Jennifer said...

I think apologizing and owning up were both very big of you! I respect that!

:)